    it to figure out what is running me.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Roedy Green

    Murray Guest

    "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying out a free webserver MyJavaServer.com.
    >
    > It is not clear WHICH servlet womb they are using. I have got a
    > HelloWorldServlet working. I wondered if there is code I could add to
    > it to figure out what is running me.

    ServletContext.getServerInfo() should do the trick

    Murray, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Roedy Green

    Ben_ Guest

    Ben_, Jun 20, 2004
  4. On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:38:16 GMT, Roedy Green wrote:

    > I am trying out a free webserver MyJavaServer.com.
    >
    > ..I have got a HelloWorldServlet working.

    Did you need to donate some money
    before you got that servlet working?

    Somebody was saying recently that you
    did not get access to .JSP servlets
    without donating..

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 20, 2004
  5. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:29:35 GMT, Andrew Thompson
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Somebody was saying recently that you
    >did not get access to .JSP servlets
    >without donating..

    No. I got it working once I discovered they were not self-compiling
    and once I discovered the unlikely URL needed to fire them up.

    I am documenting my findings at
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 20, 2004
  6. Roedy Green

    Adam Guest

    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:29:35 GMT, Andrew Thompson
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >
    > >Somebody was saying recently that you
    > >did not get access to .JSP servlets
    > >without donating..

    > No. I got it working once I discovered they were not self-compiling
    > and once I discovered the unlikely URL needed to fire them up.
    >
    > I am documenting my findings at
    > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html

    When did you sign up?
    Recently the server says 'We're currently not accepting new users'...

    Adam

    Adam, Jun 21, 2004
  7. On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:41:53 +0200, Adam wrote:
    > "Roedy Green" <> wrote in message...

    >> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/myjavaserver.html

    > When did you sign up?
    > Recently the server says 'We're currently not accepting new users'...

    It seems to flicker between 'accepting' and
    'not accepting' quite regularly in recent times..
    best I can suggest is to keep checking regularly..

    2 people that I know of, have managed to get
    accounts with them recently, Roedy and another
    poster here.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 21, 2004
  8. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    <> wrote or quoted :

    >When did you sign up?
    >Recently the server says 'We're currently not accepting new users'...

    Just a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps putting them at the top of the
    Java friendly ISP list swamped them.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/isp.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.