what is server JRE?

mcheung63

hi all
what is server JRE? what is the difference between it and normal ire?
thanks
from Peter

Arne Vajhøj

what is server JRE? what is the difference between it and normal ire?

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/windows/java.html

<quote>
-client

Select the Java HotSpot Client VM. A 64-bit capable jdk currently
ignores this option and instead uses the Java HotSpot Server VM.

For default VM selection, see Server-Class Machine Detection
-server

Select the Java HotSpot Server VM. On a 64-bit capable jdk only the
Java HotSpot Server VM is supported so the -server option is implicit.
This is subject to change in a future release.
</quote>

I don't know it is documented but the biggest difference is
that the server VM is more aggressive in JIT compiling than
the client VM.

Arne

Sven Köhler

Am 15.06.2013 20:26, schrieb JLP:
Le 15/06/2013 18:44, (e-mail address removed) a écrit :
According to the Oracle Site :
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/server-jre7-downloads-1931105.html

it comes with server tools, and also with option -server that is not
available in Windows JRE client.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HotSpot

Now the funny thing is, that "-server" is the only available option on
Linux x64 - even with the standard JRE. I believe the same is true for
Window x64 (simply because Sun/Oracle never got around adjusting the
client version hotspot to x64).

Regards,
Sven

mcheung63

Sven Köhleræ–¼ 2013å¹´6月16日星期日UTC+8上åˆ6時06分21秒寫é“:
Am 15.06.2013 20:26, schrieb JLP:

Now the funny thing is, that "-server" is the only available option on

Linux x64 - even with the standard JRE. I believe the same is true for

Window x64 (simply because Sun/Oracle never got around adjusting the

client version hotspot to x64).

Regards,

Sven

thank you all Gentlemen

mcheung63

Jeff Higginsæ–¼ 2013å¹´6月25日星期二UTC+8下åˆ9時31分58秒寫é“:
I've meant to thank you for your patience, Sir, I'll take this opportunity.

Thank you.

ok, thank you all gentlemen and ladies.