    thanks
    from Peter
    , Jun 15, 2013

  2. JLP Guest

    JLP, Jun 15, 2013

  3. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 6/15/2013 12:44 PM, wrote:
    > what is server JRE? what is the difference between it and normal ire?

    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/tools/windows/java.html

    <quote>
    -client

    Select the Java HotSpot Client VM. A 64-bit capable jdk currently
    ignores this option and instead uses the Java HotSpot Server VM.

    For default VM selection, see Server-Class Machine Detection
    -server

    Select the Java HotSpot Server VM. On a 64-bit capable jdk only the
    Java HotSpot Server VM is supported so the -server option is implicit.
    This is subject to change in a future release.
    </quote>

    I don't know it is documented but the biggest difference is
    that the server VM is more aggressive in JIT compiling than
    the client VM.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 15, 2013
  4. Sven Köhler Guest

    Am 15.06.2013 20:26, schrieb JLP:
    > Le 15/06/2013 18:44, a écrit :
    >> hi all
    >> what is server JRE? what is the difference between it and normal ire?
    >> thanks
    >> from Peter
    >>

    > According to the Oracle Site :
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/server-jre7-downloads-1931105.html
    >
    > it comes with server tools, and also with option -server that is not
    > available in Windows JRE client.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HotSpot

    Now the funny thing is, that "-server" is the only available option on
    Linux x64 - even with the standard JRE. I believe the same is true for
    Window x64 (simply because Sun/Oracle never got around adjusting the
    client version hotspot to x64).

    Regards,
    Sven
    Sven Köhler, Jun 15, 2013

    Sven Köhleræ–¼ 2013å¹´6月16日星期日UTC+8上åˆ6時06分21秒寫é“:
    > Am 15.06.2013 20:26, schrieb JLP:
    >
    > > Le 15/06/2013 18:44, a écrit :

    > >> hi all

    > >> what is server JRE? what is the difference between it and normal ire?

    > >> thanks

    > >> from Peter

    > > According to the Oracle Site :

    > > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/server-jre7-downloads-1931105.html

    > > it comes with server tools, and also with option -server that is not

    > > available in Windows JRE client.

    > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HotSpot

    > Now the funny thing is, that "-server" is the only available option on
    >
    > Linux x64 - even with the standard JRE. I believe the same is true for
    >
    > Window x64 (simply because Sun/Oracle never got around adjusting the
    >
    > client version hotspot to x64).
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Sven

    thank you all Gentlemen
    , Jun 16, 2013
  6. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > thank you all Gentlemen

    Do you have evidence that all the respondents were male?

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Jun 17, 2013
  7. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 6/17/2013 12:24 AM, Lew wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> thank you all Gentlemen

    > Do you have evidence that all the respondents were male?

    Joe, Sven and Arne are usually males.

    :)

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 18, 2013
  8. Lew Guest

    Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> thank you all Gentlemen

    >> Do you have evidence that all the respondents were male?

    > Joe, Sven and Arne are usually males.

    "Joe" is not always a male, and I did not see a "Joe" in the thread.

    Regardless, I wasn't asking you anyway.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Jun 18, 2013
  9. Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 06/18/2013 04:00 AM, Lew wrote:
    > Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Do you have evidence that all the respondents were male?

    >> Joe, Sven and Arne are usually males.

    > "Joe" is not always a male, and I did not see a "Joe" in the thread.
    >
    > Regardless, I wasn't asking you anyway.

    Gentlemen
    Jeff Higgins, Jun 18, 2013
  10. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 6/18/2013 4:00 AM, Lew wrote:
    > Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Do you have evidence that all the respondents were male?

    >> Joe, Sven and Arne are usually males.

    > "Joe" is not always a male, and I did not see a "Joe" in the thread.

    A bit of googling suggest that JLP is a Joe.

    > Regardless, I wasn't asking you anyway.

    No. You posted to the entire world.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 25, 2013
  11. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 6/18/2013 4:27 AM, Jeff Higgins wrote:
    > On 06/18/2013 04:00 AM, Lew wrote:
    >> Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    >>> Joe, Sven and Arne are usually males.

    >> "Joe" is not always a male, and I did not see a "Joe" in the thread.
    >>
    >> Regardless, I wasn't asking you anyway.
    >>

    > Gentlemen

    Why ignore me?

    :) :) :)

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jun 25, 2013
  12. Jeff Higgins Guest

    On 06/24/2013 08:54 PM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > On 6/18/2013 4:27 AM, Jeff Higgins wrote:

    >>> "Joe" is not always a male, and I did not see a "Joe" in the thread.
    >>>
    >>> Regardless, I wasn't asking you anyway.
    >>>

    >> Gentlemen

    > Why ignore me?
    >
    > :) :) :)

    I've meant to thank you for your patience, Sir, I'll take this opportunity.
    Thank you.
    Jeff Higgins, Jun 25, 2013

    Jeff Higginsæ–¼ 2013å¹´6月25日星期二UTC+8下åˆ9時31分58秒寫é“:
    > On 06/24/2013 08:54 PM, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > >> Gentlemen

    > > Why ignore me?

    > > :) :) :)

    > I've meant to thank you for your patience, Sir, I'll take this opportunity.
    >
    > Thank you.

    ok, thank you all gentlemen and ladies.
    , Jul 2, 2013