  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    What does std stand for and what does the algorithm header do?

    Tom, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Tom

    Jeff Schwab Guest

    Tom wrote:
    > What does std stand for

    standard

    > and what does the algorithm header do?

    It declares functions, classes and templates that encapsulate algorithms.

    Jeff Schwab, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Tom

    osmium Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > > and what does the algorithm header do?

    I think this link will be quite helpful.

    http://www.litho.ucalgary.ca/opt/SPRO/stdlib/stdref/Alg_5157.htm#Algorithms
    by Category

    I think Microsoft's Outlook Express is going to screw up the link, though so
    you will have to patch it. I only have version 5.0 so it is in a kind of
    pre-release state so far. I am looking forward to Windows 3000, with some
    hope.

    osmium, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Tom

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    osmium wrote:

    > I think Microsoft's Outlook Express is going to screw up the link,
    > though so you will have to patch it. I only have version 5.0 so it is
    > in a kind of pre-release state so far. I am looking forward to
    > Windows 3000, with some hope.

    Well, a far more effective thing to do would be to use a newsreader
    instead of Outlook Express. ;-)

    Rolf Magnus, Dec 14, 2003