    yes, I consider it is a valid user, otherwise, I ask this to log in again.

    But, I wonder if there is a better, affordable, easy way to validate a uer?

    Any ideas, reference papers? Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

    Greg Burns Guest

    Are you not using ASP.NET built-in forms authentication model?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconsimplecookieauthentication.asp

    Greg

    Greg Burns, Nov 2, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

    Mr Newbie Guest

    There are several ways to do this. Your options are basically.

    Windows Integrated - Great for intranet/extranet sites uses the domain
    accounts.
    Forms Authorisation - When u dont have and NT domain or you are on the
    internet
    Passport - When you have multiple sites and want a single logon
    authentication
    --
    Best Regards

    The Inimitable Mr Newbie º¿º

    Mr Newbie, Nov 2, 2005
  4. You have an entire infrastructure that takes away your need to hand code
    this. If you are having them fill out a form and checking records in a
    database, for authentication, you can declaratively point to the login form
    and then use FormsAuthentication to handle the authenticated user object.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 2, 2005
  5. Forms Authentication is usually your best bet in ASP.NET.
    It is easily configured in your web.config file.
    Here's more information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311495
    http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/121901-1.2.shtml

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Nov 2, 2005
  6. Well, I *was* going to suggest getting a DNA sample, but then I got the the
    "affordable, easy" part...

    --
    ;-),

    Kevin Spencer