What is the best solution?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by cristms, May 19, 2005.

  1. cristms

    cristms Guest

    Hi there.
    I have to decide how to do a solution with .net technology. The goals
    of my future solution should be:
    -> Capacibility of send files (xml or csv files) through internet, and
    receive an answer for my message (this could be a transactional
    process);
    -> The files to be send to a client are in a folder of a server
    machine, and i want to know when i have new files to send to the
    client;
    -> The application must be able to receive messages (files or other)
    and reply to this message whith other data;

    What can i do to accomplish this features? Is the WebServices a good
    solution? Should i use a socket TCP to performs this kind of
    communication? WebServices, using SOAP messages with attachments are a
    good solution??

    Please, let me know as soon as possible!

    Thx very much!

    Cristovao
    (Portugal)
    cristms, May 19, 2005

  2. cristms

    Lucas Tam Guest

    (cristms) wrote in news:7422ef8.0505181546.4ddecce9
    @posting.google.com:

    > What can i do to accomplish this features? Is the WebServices a good
    > solution? Should i use a socket TCP to performs this kind of
    > communication? WebServices, using SOAP messages with attachments are a
    > good solution??

    Yes, using soap would be a good idea - take a look at SOAP over TCP.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, May 19, 2005