    these days?

    Thanks,

    Keith
    keithb, Oct 15, 2006

  2. keithb

    Evertjan. Guest

    keithb wrote on 15 okt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
    > However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
    > existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
    > these days?

    Your brain.

    Yes, I know, it is not the answer you want, but it is the best by far.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 15, 2006

  3. keithb

    Mike Brind Guest

    "keithb" <> wrote in message
    > It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
    > However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
    > existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
    > these days?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Keith

    This thread may be of interest:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...?lnk=gst&q=debug asp&rnum=24#e1307ea5b3cb8f97

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Oct 15, 2006
  4. "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    > keithb wrote on 15 okt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    > > It has been years since I worked with ASP, having moved on to ASP.NET.
    > > However, I have just inherited a project adding some enhancements to an
    > > existing ASP site. What is the best tool to use for debugging ASP pages
    > > these days?

    > Your brain.
    >
    > Yes, I know, it is not the answer you want, but it is the best by far.

    That's a given in everything in life period. But the brain needs access to
    good information in a timely manner. A tool that does this best in a given
    situation can be refered to a the 'best tool to use'.

    Since the OP has moved to ASP.NET it's likely they are using a version of
    Visual Studio. Visual studio is an excellent tool for debugging ASP classic
    (in fact I don't know of anything that even gets a close second place with
    it) hence this the 'best tool to use'.

    Anthony Jones, Oct 15, 2006