What is the best way to configure this?

TJ

Hi,

Env : ASP.NET 2.0 / C#

Long time ago, I developed one asp.net WebApp
This structure is..
/WebApp (Virtual Directory)
|--- Web.config
|--- Master and aspx files...

In this aspx page, I used ~ to reference the master pages.

Now, I am developing different app, but I need these same web pages into the
subfolder of OldWebApp under NewWebApp virtual directory.....like this..

/NewWebApp (Virtual Directory)
|----- Web.config
|----- OldWebApp (Folder)
|--- Copied here from above WebApp Master and ASPX page
files..

The problem I found is that since I used ~ to reference MasterPage...,
I wasn't able to browse the OldWebApp because it tries to find the MasterPage
under NewWebApp, not the OldWebApp.

Is there any way I can configure this correctly WITHOUT modifying the source
code
or moving the master page to under NewWebApp?...

Maybe somehow set by web.config for the OldWebApp folder??
In that way, under OldWebApp, ~ will refer from OldWebApp folder, not
from NewWebAp...or other way?...possible?

I would like to keep these files in this structure for better maintenance,
if I can..

Hope you understand my issue.

Thanks,

TJ

Well...In short, my question is that...
Is there any way I can override ~ behavior in web.config?

This is one of wish examples
If I set this way in the web.config..
<location path="OldWebApp">
<RootRelativeFrom>OldWebApp</RootRelativeFrom>
</location>

Something like that...This means that..
If I use ~ in any pages in the OldWebApp folder, the root will be from
OldWebApp folder, NOT the root of the web application.....

Any possible way to do this?

Thanks,