What is the best way to duplicate this *without* tables

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Todd Cary, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Todd Cary

    Todd Cary Guest

    Todd Cary, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Todd Cary

    mbstevens Guest

    mbstevens, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Todd Cary

    richard Guest

    "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    news:451d600c$0$34574$...
    > What is the best way to duplicate this layout with using tables?
    >
    > http://209.204.172.137/generic/
    >
    > Todd

    3 divisions not nested.
    In the center division nest to achieve the same result.
    Fairly simple.
    richard, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Todd Cary

    Andrew Guest

    On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:03:56 -0700, Todd Cary
    <> wrote:

    >What is the best way to duplicate this layout with using tables?
    >
    >http://209.204.172.137/generic/
    >
    >Todd

    Hi Todd,

    This is relatively easy and there are many templates available. I
    have been working with CSS layout for only 6 months and I have been
    working on just such a layout of my own:

    http://www.andrews-corner.org/3_column_header_footer.html

    Those with more experience have produced more streamlined efforts:

    http://bluerobot.com/web/layouts/layout3.html
    http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/csstemplates/3-column-with-footer.html

    Admittedly both of these lack the Header of your example but this is
    relatively trivial to add.

    All the best,

    Andrew
    --