what is the difference between j2ee and j2se

Bob

can someone please explain to me the difference between J2ee and j2se?

what is meant by enterprise application?

regds,
bob

Andrew Thompson

can someone please explain to me the difference between J2ee and j2se?

what is meant by enterprise application?

ditto q=Java+22enterprise+application%22

Report back your findings and I am
confident people will be happy to correct
any misunderstandings.

HTH

--
Andrew Thompson

Jacob

Bob said:
what is meant by enterprise application?

It is really a silly term, probably created by some
marketing departement... :)

From O'Reilly "Java Enterprise in a Nutshell":

"The term enterprise computing is simply a synonym
for distributed computing: computation done by groups
of programs interacting over a network."

Kevin

There is really no "real" difference. J2EE adds a bunch of garbage
that Sun thinks is "enterprise" like EJB and useless junks like that.
It's stupid in my opinion. Java is Java, we don't need to
differentiate and add more buzzwords. The point is, if it does not
have the word "Enterprise" in it, the morons at Sun thinks it's not a
good marketing hype.