What is the Easiest and Fastest Way to Achieve Java SCJP Certification?

samadams_2006

Hello,

I have some past Java Experience, but have been out of it for a year.
I've heard that a Java Job will be opening up at a company soon, and
figure that it will look impressive on my resume, and better my
chances, if I can get my SCJP Certification before the interview. So,
my question is, given the limited time available, what is the best
book or text exams or study tips or java examples or "whatever" that
will help me prepare for this exam and get the best score possible in
the least amount of time. How much time will I need to study and
prepare before I will be ready for the exam?

Thanks so much.

Chris Smith

I have some past Java Experience, but have been out of it for a year.
I've heard that a Java Job will be opening up at a company soon, and
figure that it will look impressive on my resume, and better my
chances, if I can get my SCJP Certification before the interview. So,
my question is, given the limited time available, what is the best
book or text exams or study tips or java examples or "whatever" that
will help me prepare for this exam and get the best score possible in
the least amount of time. How much time will I need to study and
prepare before I will be ready for the exam?

Clearly we have no idea. What kind of past experience are we talking
about?

At one extreme, were you familiar with the Java language specification?
If so, then review the current version of the spec; you can probably be
ready in a few days of reading, and you'll do fine.

At the other extreme, if you just did a little sprinkling of Java here
and there, you may need to study for months, and start with introductory
books. The low passing score is working in your favor, but it is a
tough exam, IIRC.

Tris Orendorff

(e-mail address removed) burped up warm pablum in
Hello,

I have some past Java Experience, but have been out of it for a year.
I've heard that a Java Job will be opening up at a company soon, and
figure that it will look impressive on my resume, and better my
chances, if I can get my SCJP Certification before the interview. So,
my question is, given the limited time available, what is the best
book or text exams or study tips or java examples or "whatever" that
will help me prepare for this exam and get the best score possible in
the least amount of time. How much time will I need to study and
prepare before I will be ready for the exam?

Try taking a mock exam. Just search Google for "mock SJCP exam".