What is the equivalent Hex ?

Dylan Parry

Els said:
Not even mine? :p

On occassion, but I don't subscribe ;)
I've listened to a couple of Podcasts, but it's not as good as I
thought it would be. I thought I could just listen to them while
doing other things, but that doesn't work. Apparently multi-tasking
is a chronological concept, not a simultaneous one. I think I still
prefer the pre-podcast method: listen to music while reading content,
rather than listen to content while trying to do something else :)

I do that to be a problem, admittedly. I'll find that I've gone through
an hour or so and not actually heard a word, or that I'll have heard it
all but realise that I've not typed anything for 30 minutes! Still, it
makes a nice alternative to the radio or listening to the same music,
which always seems to crop up in a random playlist of ~5000 files :|

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Els

Dylan Parry wrote:

[podcasts and multitasking]
I do that to be a problem, admittedly. I'll find that I've gone through
an hour or so and not actually heard a word, or that I'll have heard it
all but realise that I've not typed anything for 30 minutes! Still, it
makes a nice alternative to the radio or listening to the same music,
which always seems to crop up in a random playlist of ~5000 files :|

That's why you should split your playlist in half - have a random one
of 2500 files, and once you're sick of it, use the other one.
Or do as I do: find a good internet radio station, and after a couple
of days in which you're hearing every song 5 times, you'll appreciate
the 5000 files random playlist on your pc again :) (or switch to a
different station)

Dylan Parry

Els said:
That's why you should split your playlist in half - have a random one
of 2500 files, and once you're sick of it, use the other one.

Interesting idea, but one I can't be bothered to do ;)
Or do as I do: find a good internet radio station, and after a couple
of days in which you're hearing every song 5 times, you'll appreciate
the 5000 files random playlist on your pc again :) (or switch to a
different station)

Better idea. I do have a couple of stations bookmarked in WMP, and a few
more that I haven't listened to in ages. Maybe it's time to give them a
try again. FWIW, I used to use Pandora and Last.fm, but there was either
too much repetition or the music was all much the same without enough
variety.

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 07:03:29
GMT dorayme scribed:
well, I have not been following closely the context of all this
but if it were to promote such a thing then I am sure it would be
bad and you would be quite right to point this out.

But the real question is: Does it promote sloppy colouring? The
answer to this depends on what the "it" in the last question
refers to: if it refers to a person who mindlessly fixes to use
*only* 3 numbers always, then yes, you are right. But at the cost
of strawmaning your target.

If the "it" refers to someone who sees no point in going #ffffff;
when they can type #fff; but who has and succumbs to frequent
desires to use such as #FFDEAD (NavajoWhite), then your case is
not advanced.

Perhaps the tendency to short form the colours does invite a lazy
tendency in some people? But, you, being aware of the problem
will not succumb. Be a devil and use the short where you can and
not where you want nicer...

There is an argument to say you should use the shorter. It is
this: if you don't you will spend more time typing and reading
longer code and this will sap energy that could be better devoted
to choosing really nice colours when it would be appropriate.

So, in other words, and to sum up, without any empirical evidence
one way or the other, it is as likely that your colour judgements
could be impaired by going one way as it is by going the other
way.

Well, I still don't like it. Besides what I said before, it can be
confusing. Some people may mis-take #bbb as #b0b0b0 instead of #bbbbbb,
and that could cause a lot of bo in the flower shop. I just don't think
such a "shortcut" is worth it for 3 miserable digits.

Bergamot

Blinky said:
I did not know that; I always use six-digit. How is browser support?

Even Netscape 4.x supported it. I don't know of any browser that doesn't.