What is the Equivalent of the CurrentRowIndex Property for a DataGrid Web Control?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by .NETn00b, Nov 26, 2005.

  1. .NETn00b

    .NETn00b Guest

    I am trying to convert the following windows app method, to use in an
    ASP.NET application:

    private void DataGrid1_CurrentCellChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

    int c = DataGrid1.CurrentRowIndex;
    DataGrid1.Select(c);
    DataGrid1_Click( sender, e);

    }

    The problem is that there is no CurrentRowIndex property for the
    DataGrid web control. Is there something else I can use, that will give
    me similar functionality?

    I also need to figure out what I can use in place of the Select method,
    which also doesn't exist for the DataGrid web control. Would
    SelectedIndex work? Can this method be adapted?

    Thanks!!!
    .NETn00b, Nov 26, 2005

  2. RE: What is the Equivalent of the CurrentRowIndex Property for a DataG

    There is an OnItemCommand event that is triggered when a button within a row
    is clicked which provides you with a parameter of type
    DataGridCommandEventArgs. This parameter supplies you with the equivalent of
    the CurrentRowIndex through its Item.ItemIndex property.

    In place of the select method you can add a Hyperlink or a LinkButton that
    triggers the selection. You can view the code for these methods in these
    demos:

    http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_3c.aspx
    http://www.societopia.net/samples/dataGrid_5c.aspx

    --
    HTH,
    Phillip Williams

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Nov 26, 2005