What is the essential difference between JSP and JSF?

marcwentink

Hi,

I am not really an experienced java developper and I am doing JSP and
read something about JSF. Now at first it seemed that JSF was a sort
of JSP++some extra tools. But I think the difference is that JSF
defines a server based framework around the JSP like tags, and can use
JSP to render the objects serverside, but can also use another tool,
can redefine the redering and look of the JSP page without changing
that page.

Is that more or less in the right direction?

Marc Wentink

Sem

Hi,

I am not really an experienced java developper and I am doing JSP and
read something about JSF. Now at first it seemed that JSF was a sort
of JSP++some extra tools. But I think the difference is that JSF
defines a server based framework around the JSP like tags, and can use
JSP to render the objects serverside, but can also use another tool,
can redefine the redering and look of the JSP page without changing
that page.

Is that more or less in the right direction?

Marc Wentink

JSP is Java Server Page and JSF is Java Server Face
JSP is part of J2EE which is Java program and compile by server and
internally it is Servelet
JSF is one of the FrameWork like Struts

--sem

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

I am not really an experienced java developper and I am doing JSP and
read something about JSF. Now at first it seemed that JSF was a sort
of JSP++some extra tools. But I think the difference is that JSF
defines a server based framework around the JSP like tags, and can use
JSP to render the objects serverside, but can also use another tool,
can redefine the redering and look of the JSP page without changing
that page.

Yes.

JSF is a component oriented web framework that uses JSP's for
view and have code in backing beans.

Arne