    they draw the chart using text data from database, or they pre-draw realtime
    graph for every stock using some 3rd party program unrelated to web server,
    perl, php, then anyone requests 1 graph, it just displays the saved graph.
    Public Interest, Oct 6, 2003

  2. It was a dark and stormy night, and Public Interest managed to scribble:

    > I want to make changes to .gif and .jpeg files, such as resize them and
    > cut 80% of the pictures.

    Use Image::Magick available from www.cpan.org

    Add new text. Is TK only for GUI interface or TK
    > can handle graphics? How does those only stock chart make the realtime
    > chart? Do they draw the chart using text data from database, or they
    > pre-draw realtime graph for every stock using some 3rd party program
    > unrelated to web server, perl, php, then anyone requests 1 graph, it just
    > displays the saved graph.

    Well if you look at the stock market graph I have at www.ipo-australia.com or htttp://www.float.com.au/scgi-bin/prod/graph.cgi?ticker=wow I use:
    - the Perl GD module from cpan (version 1.18)
    - the graph is created in real time and included in the HTML (have a look at the HTML)
    - I access an Oracle datbase for all the data
    - you can speed up response time by sending back the static head of a web page straight away, while concurrently working generating the dynamic part; recommended for those obsessed with decreasing response time

    gtoomey
    Gregory Toomey, Oct 6, 2003