    data assignement, and would like a way that does not replicate.

    Thanks,

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Bill

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Where are you storing the data?

    Also, for creating unique IDs, you can use functions to return a GUID.

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    : I'm wondering how unique the sessionid is in ASP. What is the math
    : behind it's creation, and what are the probobolities of it being
    : reproduced, i.e. 1/10000? or 1 in twenty million? Can someone give me
    : some guidance on this? I'm trying to create some unique numbers for
    : data assignement, and would like a way that does not replicate.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :
    : Bill

    Ken Schaefer, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Bill

    Tom B Guest

    The Session ID's aren't intended to be unique for ever. Only as long as a
    session is active. If you want unique values, you have a few choices, GUIDs
    (as Chris suggested) or my favorite, incrementing numbers.

    Tom B, Jul 17, 2003