What is the most important trick for page consistence?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
And I completely agree with every single one of your points.

But, what is right or wrong is different for every website. Google
would fail if it looked like gamespy.com, and visa versa.

-Design-wise, yes. But "creative" (-meaning "invalid") markup is wrong
in the absolute. Anyway, I think we pretty much agree although I've
become a bit more conservative over the years. (You should've seen some
of my first web pages, though. *cringe*)

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
-Design-wise, yes. But "creative" (-meaning "invalid") markup
is wrong in the absolute.

Yes, it should be marked up as correctly as possible. (For example
the dreaded said:
Anyway, I think we pretty much agree
although I've become a bit more conservative over the years.
(You should've seen some of my first web pages, though.
*cringe*)

I remember telling people "Hey take a look at my new website, and
check out the marque and visitor counter...."

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
I remember telling people "Hey take a look at my new website, and
check out the marque and visitor counter...."

I actually learned javascript before I learned all but the most
rudimentary html (-It was sooo cooool!) and applied it "accordingly".
Some of my pages were nine-tenths js plus. Oh, it worked great...if you
had my set-up. Perhaps that's why I lean toward conservatism - to get
others to learn the basics first and well before venturing into even
more problem-causing domains.