What is the *nix equivalent of win32 io.h ?

groleo

Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
the
finddata_t structure.
Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
*nix
platforms?

Joe Estock

Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
the
finddata_t structure.
Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
*nix
platforms?

Please ask your question in the appropriate newsgroup. Neither ISO C89
nor ISO C99 defines findata_t. Try asking your question in
comp.unix.programmer or somewhere else relevant.

Joe Estock

Chris Croughton

Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
the
finddata_t structure.
Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
*nix
platforms?

Try asking on a Unix newsgroup (comp.unix.programmer for instance), and
describe there what the structure is meant to do and what you are trying
to achieve with it. I have no idea what finddata_t is supposed to do or
contain so I can't even guess at a Unix equivalent (I can tell you that
thre's nothing with that name in any of the include files on my system).

Chris C

Mark McIntyre

On 11 Apr 2005 19:14:20 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
opendir(), readdir(), closedir() perhaps ?

Er, how likely is it that three functions are the equivalent of a
typedef?
I found some code that impliments those for DOS in terms of
finddata_t so that suggests that they are plausible Unix equivilents.

perhaps. The best answer would be to redirect the OP to
comp.unix,programmer and advise them to ask about what tehy really
want to do.