    *nix
    platforms?
    , Apr 11, 2005

  2. Joe Estock Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
    > the
    > finddata_t structure.
    > Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
    > *nix
    > platforms?

    Please ask your question in the appropriate newsgroup. Neither ISO C89
    nor ISO C99 defines findata_t. Try asking your question in
    comp.unix.programmer or somewhere else relevant.

    Joe Estock
    Joe Estock, Apr 11, 2005

  3. On 11 Apr 2005 10:35:28 -0700,
    <> wrote:

    > Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
    > the
    > finddata_t structure.
    > Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
    > *nix
    > platforms?

    Try asking on a Unix newsgroup (comp.unix.programmer for instance), and
    describe there what the structure is meant to do and what you are trying
    to achieve with it. I have no idea what finddata_t is supposed to do or
    contain so I can't even guess at a Unix equivalent (I can tell you that
    thre's nothing with that name in any of the include files on my system).

    Chris C
    Chris Croughton, Apr 11, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
    >the
    >finddata_t structure.
    >Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
    >*nix
    >platforms?

    opendir(), readdir(), closedir() perhaps ?

    I found some code that impliments those for DOS in terms of
    finddata_t so that suggests that they are plausible Unix equivilents.

    http://svn.annodex.net/libannodex/trunk/win32/dirent.h

    Walter Roberson, Apr 11, 2005
  5. On 11 Apr 2005 19:14:20 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    -cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >>Hi. I'm trying to port a piece of code, written for win32, that uses
    >>the
    >>finddata_t structure.
    >>Is there an equivalent , or a work-around, that implement finddata_t on
    >>*nix
    >>platforms?

    >opendir(), readdir(), closedir() perhaps ?

    Er, how likely is it that three functions are the equivalent of a
    typedef?

    >I found some code that impliments those for DOS in terms of
    >finddata_t so that suggests that they are plausible Unix equivilents.

    perhaps. The best answer would be to redirect the OP to
    comp.unix,programmer and advise them to ask about what tehy really
    want to do.

    --
    Mark McIntyre
    Mark McIntyre, Apr 11, 2005