what is the problem with my ASP Code

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Paramjeet Singh, Mar 7, 2005.

  1. I was writing data to an html file through the following cide written a
    file called "append.asp"

    <%
    Set MyFileSystemObject =
    Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set MyTextFile =
    MyFileSystemObject.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath("clientlist.htm"), 8,
    TRUE)
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<p>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<strong>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<LI>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("company"))
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<br>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("</strong>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("person"))
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<br>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("address"))
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<br>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("Ph. ")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine(Request.form("phone"))
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("</p>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<center>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<font size=2>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("<a href=#top>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("Top of Page")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("</a>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("</font>")
    MyTextFile.WriteLine("</center>")
    MyTextFile.Close
    response.redirect("confirm.htm")
    %>

    Now the same code is not working. What reason is behind that. If there
    is any coding problem please do let me know as I am not that much
    familiar in debugging ASP.

    Paramjeet Singh, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Paramjeet Singh wrote:
    > I was writing data to an html file through the following cide written
    > a file called "append.asp"
    >
    > <%
    > Set MyFileSystemObject =
    > Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    >
    > Now the same code is not working.

    Please try to describe your symptoms without using the words "not working",
    "fails", etc. Are you getting errors? Incorrect behavior?

    > What reason is behind that. If there
    > is any coding problem please do let me know as I am not that much
    > familiar in debugging ASP.

    Obviously, something has changed on the server. My guess:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2180

    If this is not relevant, then provide more information about your symptoms.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 7, 2005

  3. Paramjeet Singh

    Evertjan. Guest

    Paramjeet Singh wrote on 07 mrt 2005 in

    > I was writing data to an html file through the following cide written a
    > file called "append.asp"
    >
    > <%
    > Set MyFileSystemObject=Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    > Set MyTextFile=MyFileSystemObject.OpenTextFile(Server.MapPath

    ("clientlist.htm"), 8, TRUE)

    I suspect the write permission on "clientlist.htm" is not set.

    > Now the same code is not working.

    Describe "not working" please.

    --
    Evertjan.