What is the purpose of ptyhon in Windows

parag_paul

hi All,
I have no idea why I need to learn a new scripting language,
nothing much to the sytnax,
I need to understand what could be the prupose of another scripting
language

Cna you please help me with this,
Is there a possibilty to work on bigger projects with Python

cokofreedom

hi All,
I have no idea why I need to learn a new scripting language,
nothing much to the sytnax,
I need to understand what could be the prupose of another scripting
language

Cna you please help me with this,
Is there a possibilty to work on bigger projects with Python

Answer, reasons to learn another scripting language;
It provides different techniques to problems,
It is eaiser and clearer to write with a strong community to aid
developers,
Problems can be scaled,
There are a lot of high scale Python projects.

Hope that helped.

Mike Driscoll

hi All,
I have no idea why I need to learn a new scripting language,
nothing much to the sytnax,
I need to understand what could be the prupose of another scripting
language

Cna you please help me with this,
Is there a possibilty to work on bigger projects with Python

There are lots of bigger projects to work on. Check out Spambayes, the
original bittorrent, or Zope for some of the more well known ones.

Mike

WolfgangZ

hi All,
I have no idea why I need to learn a new scripting language,
nothing much to the sytnax,
I need to understand what could be the prupose of another scripting
language

Cna you please help me with this,
Is there a possibilty to work on bigger projects with Python
At least I'm living in a free country and nobody forces me to learn
python. So I don't fully understand why you HAVE TO learn it. When your
problems can be solved in a different programming language than you
should be free to use whatever you like. And also why should it be
forbidden to create a new programming language? Diversity and
competition is usually not bad.

Max Erickson

WolfgangZ said:
At least I'm living in a free country and nobody forces me to
learn python. So I don't fully understand why you HAVE TO learn
it. When your problems can be solved in a different programming
language than you should be free to use whatever you like. And
also why should it be forbidden to create a new programming
language? Diversity and competition is usually not bad.

I imagine that there is some English as a second language getting
involved and the intent of the question was more like "What is
python useful for on Windows?", which has pretty much the same
meaning but is open to a slightly friendlier interpretation(i.e.,
tell me how I can use python instead of tell me why I should use
python).

The other question might be more like "I already know VBS, what do I
gain by learning python?".

(the answers could be "lots of things, including full applications"
and "among other things, you can use it on other platforms, and you
might prefer the syntax".)

max

parag_paul

I imagine that there is some English as a second language getting
involved and the intent of the question was more like "What is
python useful for on Windows?", which has pretty much the same
meaning but is open to a slightly friendlier interpretation(i.e.,
tell me how I can use python instead of tell me why I should use
python).

The other question might be more like "I already know VBS, what do I
gain by learning python?".

(the answers could be "lots of things, including full applications"
and "among other things, you can use it on other platforms, and you
might prefer the syntax".)

max

thanks to all,
Can you all forward me some sites where there may examples of work
done on Python and that which I amy bring into some application