what is the quickest way to check if I have write permissions to and existence of the file

Discussion in 'C++' started by puzzlecracker, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. I am using cpp by the way?

    Thanks

    puzzlecracker, Oct 30, 2005

  2. Re: what is the quickest way to check if I have write permissionsto and existence of the file

    puzzlecracker wrote:
    > I am using cpp by the way?

    Why don't you just try opening it with std::eek:fstream ?

    --

    Valentin Samko - http://www.valentinsamko.com

    Valentin Samko, Oct 30, 2005

  3. puzzlecracker

    TIT Guest

    Re: what is the quickest way to check if I have write permissionsto and existence of the file

    puzzlecracker sade:
    > I am using cpp by the way?

    That's an odd question, and most likely grammatically wrong.
    Should I answer yes or no?

    > Thanks

    And the real question is somewhere else I presume?
    I'm assuming it's not in the subject, so where could
    it be?

    TIT

    TIT, Oct 30, 2005

  4. > Should I answer yes or no?

    I think you need to get checked....i'd appreciate if you tell me
    whether it helped...

    puzzlecracker, Oct 30, 2005
  5. puzzlecracker

    Jim Langston Guest

    "puzzlecracker" <> wrote in message
    >I am using cpp by the way?
    >
    > Thanks

    Your subject was:
    Re: what is the quickest way to check if I have write permissions to and
    existence of the file
    Incidently, don't put questions in the subjects please.

    That being said, it depends on your OS. Each OS would do it differently.
    Hench, ask in the newsgroup for the OS your's working with.

    microsoft.public.vc

    if your'e on Windows. Otherwise find the newsgroup for your OS.

    Jim Langston, Oct 31, 2005