what is the quickest way to check if I have write permissions to and existence of the file

TIT

puzzlecracker sade:
I am using cpp by the way?

That's an odd question, and most likely grammatically wrong.
Should I answer yes or no?

And the real question is somewhere else I presume?
I'm assuming it's not in the subject, so where could
it be?

TIT

Jim Langston

puzzlecracker said:
I am using cpp by the way?

Thanks

Your subject was:
Re: what is the quickest way to check if I have write permissions to and
existence of the file
Incidently, don't put questions in the subjects please.

That being said, it depends on your OS. Each OS would do it differently.
Hench, ask in the newsgroup for the OS your's working with.

microsoft.public.vc

if your'e on Windows. Otherwise find the newsgroup for your OS.