What is the recomended method for Laying out HTML forms?

Owen Brunker

Adrienne Boswell said:
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Owen Brunker"
<[email protected]> writing in

<form method="post" action="whatever">
<label for="field1" id="field11">Field1 </label> <input type="text"
name="field1" id="field1"><br>
<label for="field2" id="field21">Field2 </label> <input type="text"
name="field2" id="field2"><br>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</fieldset>
</form>

CSS:
label {display:block; float:left; width: 7em; text-align: right; margin-
right:1em;}
form br {clear:left}

With scripting, you can give the user a visual indication that a
required field is missing, like so:

Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I like it very much. Reading your post also
prompted me to google "css display block". What I have learned has been a
great help.

Cheers
Owen Brunker

Travis Newbury

Nope, quartered and cremated. You wouldn't want to take a chance on a
resurrection, would you? <g>

You are all to late. Flash is getting better and growing more popular
every day. Of course, all the Flash haters of the world can actually
take credit for this growth. You all bitched and complained about how
crappy Flash was (and rightly so in 99% of the cases) Because of your
bitching, (do your pussys hurt?) people like me came along and started
developing Flash the way it needs to be developed.

So thank you to all of the Flash haters in the world for opening the
eyes of Macromedia (now Adobe) and improving Flash development
e3nvionment, functionality, and making it a true development tool for
both the internet and the desktop.

Bergamot

Travis said:
So thank you to all of the Flash haters in the world for opening the
eyes of Macromedia (now Adobe) and improving Flash development
e3nvionment, functionality, and making it a true development tool for
both the internet and the desktop.

It may have become a peachy development tool, but as a user I don't
think I can get very excited about it until Adobe makes some significant
accessibility improvements in the player. Being able to adjust text size
to *my* needs is an absolute must. Without that, it'll remain little
more than eye-candy to me. YMMV of course.

Every time a new version of the player comes out, I submit new bug
reports about the lack of user controls. Maybe some day they'll listen,
but I'm not very optimistic. :(

Neredbojias

You are all to late. Flash is getting better and growing more popular
every day. Of course, all the Flash haters of the world can actually
take credit for this growth. You all bitched and complained about how
crappy Flash was (and rightly so in 99% of the cases) Because of your
bitching, (do your pussys hurt?) people like me came along and started
developing Flash the way it needs to be developed.

So thank you to all of the Flash haters in the world for opening the
eyes of Macromedia (now Adobe) and improving Flash development
e3nvionment, functionality, and making it a true development tool for
both the internet and the desktop.

It's not that I hate Flash, it's that I detest it for its proprietary non-
standardization. Furthermore, Adobe is not a company to which I attribute
a lion's share of altruism. Their overpriced graphics software should make
that obvious.