what is the simplest way that I can achieve this? Newbie question

Fendi Baba

I am new to XML so thank you in advance for all your kind assitance.

I intend to develop XML-based Sales Order form. In it, you will find
the usually elements in a Order form such as Customer Name and other
details. name of the product ordered etc.

What I intend to do is to allow customer's to drop the order form into
a ftp folder. Once it is in the folder, I will have a simple workflow
engine to execute a routine. I am not sure how or what this routine
should be but I would like the following result:

1. The routine process all of the order form and update a new document
called Orders. This will be a master order list containing all orders
that hv been received to date. In order word, I envisage if you open
this Master order document in Excel 2002 for example, you will have
the entire order in tabular format. Our Orders is in the order of a
few hundreds a month so I do not envisage a problem in using excel to
open the list.
2. I also have a quotation that has been given to me from my supplier.
What I would like to do is to create another document when the Sales
Order form is deposited into ftp folder which would show in one
document my Selling price (ie as reflected in the Sales order against
my purchase price)
3. How would no 2 be achieved is my selling price is fixed and hence
stored in a database like MS SQL 2000.

I prefer to VB or VB.net if possible.