what is the simplest way that I can achieve this? Newbie question

Discussion in 'XML' started by Fendi Baba, Oct 15, 2003.

  1. Fendi Baba

    Fendi Baba Guest

    I am new to XML so thank you in advance for all your kind assitance.

    I intend to develop XML-based Sales Order form. In it, you will find
    the usually elements in a Order form such as Customer Name and other
    details. name of the product ordered etc.

    What I intend to do is to allow customer's to drop the order form into
    a ftp folder. Once it is in the folder, I will have a simple workflow
    engine to execute a routine. I am not sure how or what this routine
    should be but I would like the following result:

    1. The routine process all of the order form and update a new document
    called Orders. This will be a master order list containing all orders
    that hv been received to date. In order word, I envisage if you open
    this Master order document in Excel 2002 for example, you will have
    the entire order in tabular format. Our Orders is in the order of a
    few hundreds a month so I do not envisage a problem in using excel to
    open the list.
    2. I also have a quotation that has been given to me from my supplier.
    What I would like to do is to create another document when the Sales
    Order form is deposited into ftp folder which would show in one
    document my Selling price (ie as reflected in the Sales order against
    my purchase price)
    3. How would no 2 be achieved is my selling price is fixed and hence
    stored in a database like MS SQL 2000.

    I prefer to VB or VB.net if possible.

    Fendi Baba, Oct 15, 2003