What is the WEB equivalant for Console.WriteLine()

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Chuck Insight, Mar 2, 2005.

  1.
    Chuck Insight, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Chuck Insight, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Chuck Insight, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Chuck Insight

    MasterGaurav Guest

    MasterGaurav, Mar 2, 2005
  5. You could use "Response.Writeline(string YourMessage)"
    This would write the text on the web browser of the client

    Regards
    Mohamed El Ashmawy
    MEA Developer Support Center
    ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

    Mohamed El Ashmawy, Mar 2, 2005
  6. Chuck Insight

    Scott M. Guest

    Or, you could drop a label on your page and write to the text property of
    the label.

    ""Mohamed El Ashmawy"" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Scott M., Mar 2, 2005
  7. Response.Write?

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "Chuck Insight" <> wrote in message

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 2, 2005
  8. Chuck Insight

    MasterGaurav Guest

    MasterGaurav, Mar 3, 2005
  9. Actually, my desire is to display the requested output in a browser.

    Chuck Insight, Mar 4, 2005
  10. I am designing my project to work with the contents of either an array or an
    arraylist by knowing its index.

    Since I am still very much a beginner, am I correct in concluding that the
    article you mentioned is intended to help programmers manipulate files
    rather than the contents of an array or an arraylist? If a listener is what
    I need, deploying it is well beyond my present ability.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...f/html/gngrfaddelementforlistenerselement.asp

    Chuck Insight, Mar 4, 2005
  11. For some reason, this refuses to compile for me. Please shed some light on
    why this might be true.

    ""Mohamed El Ashmawy"" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Chuck Insight, Mar 4, 2005
  12. You definitely seem to be on the track of what I might be able to do.

    Please demonstrate how to manipulate the ArrayList.IndexOf() within the
    context of a label property, or show me where to find a brief example that
    teaches me.

    Chuck Insight, Mar 4, 2005
  13. Chuck Insight

    Scott M. Guest

    I'm not sure what you mean by "manipulate the ArrayList.IndexOf()"

    To extract an element you might do this:

    label1.Text = CType(ArrayList.IndexOf(2),String)

    Scott M., Mar 4, 2005
  14. Then Response.Write should indeed work for you.
    Does it not?

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 4, 2005
  15. Thanks - that is exactly what I was looking for - I'll give it a try.

    Chuck Insight, Mar 5, 2005