What is the WEB equivalant for Console.WriteLine()

Mohamed El Ashmawy

You could use "Response.Writeline(string YourMessage)"
This would write the text on the web browser of the client

Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Scott M.

Or, you could drop a label on your page and write to the text property of
the label.

Chuck Insight

I am designing my project to work with the contents of either an array or an
arraylist by knowing its index.

Since I am still very much a beginner, am I correct in concluding that the
article you mentioned is intended to help programmers manipulate files
rather than the contents of an array or an arraylist? If a listener is what
I need, deploying it is well beyond my present ability.

Chuck Insight

For some reason, this refuses to compile for me. Please shed some light on
why this might be true.

Chuck Insight

You definitely seem to be on the track of what I might be able to do.

Please demonstrate how to manipulate the ArrayList.IndexOf() within the
context of a label property, or show me where to find a brief example that
teaches me.

Scott M.

I'm not sure what you mean by "manipulate the ArrayList.IndexOf()"

To extract an element you might do this:

label1.Text = CType(ArrayList.IndexOf(2),String)