    like to know what its' main function is supposed to be, and what kind of
    either client-side or server-side Java programs is it designed to be a
    compiler switch for!

    Steve R. Burrus, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Steve R. Burrus

    Jim Guest

    On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 20:59:02 GMT, "Steve R. Burrus"
    <> wrote:

    >I would like someone/somebody please to tell me just what exactly the
    >"-Xlint" Java compiler switch is??? I successfully used it late last
    >nite to compile an "internationalization" kind of a servlet, but would
    >like to know what its' main function is supposed to be, and what kind of
    >either client-side or server-side Java programs is it designed to be a
    >compiler switch for!

    Just appears to be a way of turning on/off specified warnings.

    C:\JavaSource\Java_1.5\Coin>javac -X
    -Xlint Enable recommended warnings
    -Xlint:{all,deprecation,unchecked,switchcheck,path,serial,finally,

    -deprecation,-unchecked,-switchcheck,-path,-serial,-finally}
    Enable or disable specific warnings

    Jim

    Jim, Mar 7, 2004