What is this called ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Philippe, May 18, 2005.

  1. Philippe

    Philippe Guest

    Good evening (frnech time !)

    I've received this morning a message containing this :

    <a
    href="http://www.google.sk/url?q=http://www.google.lu/url?q=http://5%33x%
    7184%62.d%61%2e%72%09u%09/"
    target=_blank>http://www.fnb.co.za/pDbyszBvL9wObjQagCuSdR1ekydYCGKRczmhHH

    It's a simple form of phising (the simpliest, I guess), but I would like
    to have some explanations regarding this specific line :

    href="http://www.google.sk/url?q=http://www.google.lu/url?q=http://5%33x%
    7184%62.d%61%2e%72%09u%09/"

    How does it work ? My knowledges in HTML are close to nothing, and i can
    not find a place where I could get an explanation on this strange
    "redirection" which starts at google.sk and ends at 533...da.ru.

    google.sk and google.lu seems to be "official" google sites. Are they,
    or are they fake sites especially built for this "operation' ?

    Thanks for your help.

    regards

    Philippe.

    Philippe, May 18, 2005

  2. Philippe

    mark | r Guest

    "Philippe" <> wrote in message
    om...
    > Good evening (frnech time !)
    >
    > I've received this morning a message containing this :
    >
    > <a
    > href="http://www.google.sk/url?q=http://www.google.lu/url?q=http://5%33x%
    > 7184%62.d%61%2e%72%09u%09/"
    > target=_blank>http://www.fnb.co.za/pDbyszBvL9wObjQagCuSdR1ekydYCGKRczmhHH
    >
    > It's a simple form of phising (the simpliest, I guess), but I would like
    > to have some explanations regarding this specific line :
    >
    > href="http://www.google.sk/url?q=http://www.google.lu/url?q=http://5%33x%
    > 7184%62.d%61%2e%72%09u%09/"
    >
    > How does it work ? My knowledges in HTML are close to nothing, and i can
    > not find a place where I could get an explanation on this strange
    > "redirection" which starts at google.sk and ends at 533...da.ru.
    >
    > google.sk and google.lu seems to be "official" google sites. Are they,
    > or are they fake sites especially built for this "operation' ?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Philippe.

    just using ascii versions of the lettering i.e %20 is a space!

    Mark

    mark | r, May 18, 2005