  1. sumsin

    sumsin Guest

    What is type_info object?

    sumsin, Jun 11, 2008

  2. sumsin

    James Kanze Guest

    On Jun 11, 3:33 pm, sumsin <> wrote:
    > What is type_info object?

    What a typeid expression returns. As a minimum, it supports
    comparison for equality (== and !=), and the functions before()
    and name(); I'm pretty sure that an implementation is allowed to
    add other things as well (not that I know of one that does).

    Note that since it is not copiable nor assignable, you can't put
    them in containers.

    --
    James Kanze (GABI Software) email:

    James Kanze, Jun 12, 2008