What is updateable Query?

Arif Çimen

Hi everybody,

Here I see that error message on the server my aspx file working:

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an
updateable query.

In the code I try to insert some data to mdb file.

What may be the reason of this error message.

Thanks for any help.

Arif Çimen.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Arif,

Unfortunately, the error message doesn't really describe the problem. Check
whether the ASPNET account has Change permissions in the directory where the
..mdb file is stored. When you use an Access database, it has to create a
locking (.LDB) file. Without sufficient permissions, that can't be done.

Let us know if this helps?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]