what is Webresource.axd?

Jeff

Hi

asp.net 3.5

In my webpage (default.aspx) I see reference to 2 WebReference.axd:
<script
src="/WebResource.axd?d=KRzGRTklEubj1hExv1cyog2&amp;t=633909506045194578"
type="text/javascript"></script>

I wonder what this code is? To me it looks like a reference to a javascript.
Also it looks like these 2 WebResource.axd makes 2 html requests back to the
server, increases load time of my pages. Google Webmaster Tools reports that
my pages are slower than 92% of the all the websites. So ideas on how to
increase performance is very welcome. If this is a javascript run on the
server (I thought all javascript where ran on the client). then please tell
me how I can create .js file of so I can avoid using WebResource.axd....
Sometimes it looks like the WebResourse.axd is a reference to a image (.png)
in the website.

any suggestions?

Guest

[...]

WebResource.axd is designed to retrieve assembly resources and serve
them to the Web browser.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910442/

You can see its content if you type the url (http://youserver/
WebResource.axd?d=.....)

Jeff

I did as you suggested and downloaded one of the WebResource.axd files. It
contained about 550 lines of javascript code.
How can I stop it from using WebResource.axd and instead put all this
javascript code into a .js file?

Gregory A. Beamer

Jeff said:
I did as you suggested and downloaded one of the WebResource.axd files. It
contained about 550 lines of javascript code.
How can I stop it from using WebResource.axd and instead put all this
javascript code into a .js file?

Write your own control that does not use the spit out code and then put the
code that runs client side in the .js file. I know of no way to circumvent
the automagic code spitting out of client side code with the webresource.axd
file.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg