what is Webresource.axd?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Mar 17, 2010.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hi

    asp.net 3.5

    In my webpage (default.aspx) I see reference to 2 WebReference.axd:
    <script
    src="/WebResource.axd?d=KRzGRTklEubj1hExv1cyog2&amp;t=633909506045194578"
    type="text/javascript"></script>

    I wonder what this code is? To me it looks like a reference to a javascript.
    Also it looks like these 2 WebResource.axd makes 2 html requests back to the
    server, increases load time of my pages. Google Webmaster Tools reports that
    my pages are slower than 92% of the all the websites. So ideas on how to
    increase performance is very welcome. If this is a javascript run on the
    server (I thought all javascript where ran on the client). then please tell
    me how I can create .js file of so I can avoid using WebResource.axd....
    Sometimes it looks like the WebResourse.axd is a reference to a image (.png)
    in the website.

    any suggestions?

    Jeff, Mar 17, 2010

  2. On Mar 17, 3:21 pm, "Jeff" <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > asp.net 3.5
    >
    > In my webpage (default.aspx) I see reference to 2 WebReference.axd:
    > <script
    > src="/WebResource.axd?d=KRzGRTklEubj1hExv1cyog2&amp;t=633909506045194578"
    > type="text/javascript"></script>
    >
    > I wonder what this code is? To me it looks like a reference to a javascript.
    > Also it looks like these 2 WebResource.axd makes 2 html requests back to the
    > server, increases load time of my pages. Google Webmaster Tools reports that
    > my pages are slower than 92% of the all the websites. So ideas on how to
    > increase performance is very welcome. If this is a javascript run on the
    > server (I thought all javascript where ran on the client). then please tell
    > me how I can create .js file of so I can avoid using WebResource.axd....
    > Sometimes it looks like the WebResourse.axd is a reference to a image (.png)
    > in the website.
    >
    > any suggestions?

    WebResource.axd is designed to retrieve assembly resources and serve
    them to the Web browser.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910442/

    You can see its content if you type the url (http://youserver/
    WebResource.axd?d=.....)

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 17, 2010

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    I did as you suggested and downloaded one of the WebResource.axd files. It
    contained about 550 lines of javascript code.
    How can I stop it from using WebResource.axd and instead put all this
    javascript code into a .js file?

    Jeff, Mar 17, 2010
  4. "Jeff" <> wrote in message
    > I did as you suggested and downloaded one of the WebResource.axd files. It
    > contained about 550 lines of javascript code.
    > How can I stop it from using WebResource.axd and instead put all this
    > javascript code into a .js file?

    Write your own control that does not use the spit out code and then put the
    code that runs client side in the .js file. I know of no way to circumvent
    the automagic code spitting out of client side code with the webresource.axd
    file.

    --
    Peace and Grace,
    Greg