    --
    Ian

    "Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"
    Ian, Jul 3, 2008

  2. * Ian wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >Ok, just come across this term and can't find a definition.
    >
    >Google finds an article with this quote:
    >
    > "Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE, XMetal, Morphon,
    > and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the "best practice".
    >
    >Probably obvious but I can't figure it :)

    If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
    Option".
    Bjoern Hoehrmann, Jul 3, 2008

  3. Ian

    Ian Guest

    On 2008-07-03, Bjoern Hoehrmann <> wrote:
    > * Ian wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >>Ok, just come across this term and can't find a definition.
    >>
    >>Google finds an article with this quote:
    >>
    >> "Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE, XMetal, Morphon,
    >> and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the "best practice".
    >>
    >>Probably obvious but I can't figure it :)

    > If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
    > Option".

    Doh!

    Thanks :)

    --
    Ian

    "Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"
    Ian, Jul 3, 2008
  4. In article <>,
    Bjoern Hoehrmann <> wrote:

    >> "Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE,
    >> XMetal, Morphon, and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the
    >> "best practice".

    >If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
    >Option".

    That's WYSIOO, but perhaps WYSIWOO is just a typo.

    -- Richard
    Richard Tobin, Jul 3, 2008
  5. Ian

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
    > * Ian wrote in comp.text.xml:
    >> Ok, just come across this term and can't find a definition.
    >>
    >> Google finds an article with this quote:
    >>
    >> "Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE, XMetal, Morphon,
    >> and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the "best practice".
    >>
    >> Probably obvious but I can't figure it :)

    > If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
    > Option".

    Yes. It's taken editor makers 20 years to grok it, but finally we're
    seeing synchronous typographical interfaces that are getting a little
    bit closer to being usable by the non-XML-expert author. However, it
    would be nice to see them doing more at the usability level, as I
    pointed out in Montreal two years ago. I'd hate to see they hide the
    deficiencies of their products behind a statement like the quote above.

    ///Peter
    Peter Flynn, Jul 13, 2008