What is "WYSIWOO"?

Ian

Ok, just come across this term and can't find a definition.

Google finds an article with this quote:

"Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE, XMetal, Morphon,
and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the "best practice".

Probably obvious but I can't figure it :)

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Ian wrote in comp.text.xml:
Ok, just come across this term and can't find a definition.

Google finds an article with this quote:

"Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE, XMetal, Morphon,
and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the "best practice".

Probably obvious but I can't figure it :)

If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
Option".

Richard Tobin

"Leading Document Orientated XML Editors such as Epic, XXE,
XMetal, Morphon, and Syntext have all shown that WYSIWOO is the
"best practice".
[/QUOTE]
If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
Option".

That's WYSIOO, but perhaps WYSIWOO is just a typo.

-- Richard

Peter Flynn

Bjoern said:
* Ian wrote in comp.text.xml:

If you check the preceding paragrpah you'll find "What You See Is One
Option".

Yes. It's taken editor makers 20 years to grok it, but finally we're
seeing synchronous typographical interfaces that are getting a little
bit closer to being usable by the non-XML-expert author. However, it
would be nice to see them doing more at the usability level, as I
pointed out in Montreal two years ago. I'd hate to see they hide the
deficiencies of their products behind a statement like the quote above.

///Peter