    choose?

    A nice big fat expensive one please!
    , Nov 16, 2006

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    Re: What java book should I get? Money is no object.

    http://www.amazon.com/
    Daniel Pitts, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Re: What java book should I get? Money is no object.

    wrote:
    > I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
    > pick.
    >
    > Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
    > copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
    > choose?
    >
    > A nice big fat expensive one please!

    If money really is no object, then I can custom write a book for you.
    Furious George, Nov 16, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
    > pick.
    >
    > Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
    > copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
    > choose?
    >
    > A nice big fat expensive one please!

    Learning Java from O'Reilly.
    Jeffrey Schwab, Nov 16, 2006
  5. Ian Wilson Guest

    Jeffrey Schwab wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
    >> pick.
    >>
    >> Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
    >> copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
    >> choose?
    >>
    >> A nice big fat expensive one please!

    > Learning Java from O'Reilly.

    Or, if you're not a beginner, Java Cookbook from O'Reilly.

    O'Reilly's most expensive books seem to be Java Swing 2nd Ed. (I don't
    like the 1st Ed. though) or Java Black Book 2nd Ed. (2001, a bit elderly?).
    Ian Wilson, Nov 16, 2006

    Furious George wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
    > > pick.
    > >
    > > Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
    > > copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
    > > choose?
    > >
    > > A nice big fat expensive one please!

    > If money really is no object, then I can custom write a book for you.

    I should've listed that under "smart-ass". Oh well, I can't list
    infinity.

    wrote:
    > I just won a raffle and I get one free Java book, any book. I get to
    > pick.
    >
    > Barring smart-ass answers like vintage autographed first printing
    > copies, and not a box-set bookshelf type of thing, what book would you
    > choose?
    >
    > A nice big fat expensive one please!

    Whichever one is next in your career goals.
    Where are you and where are you going?
    , Nov 21, 2006