what jre is Tomcat using?

badgerduke

Hello:

I have two JREs on my system, a Java 5 distribution and a Java 6
distribution. How can I decipher which JRE my Tomcat service is
running on? Is there a tomcat5.exe command I can use? Or does the
setting reside in a configuration file within Tomcat?

The reason for this question is that I want to change the JRE my
Tomcat uses and I need a way to query Tomcat as to which JRE its
using.

Thanx.
Eric

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

I have two JREs on my system, a Java 5 distribution and a Java 6
distribution. How can I decipher which JRE my Tomcat service is
running on? Is there a tomcat5.exe command I can use? Or does the
setting reside in a configuration file within Tomcat?

The reason for this question is that I want to change the JRE my
Tomcat uses and I need a way to query Tomcat as to which JRE its
using.

It should be using the one which JAVA_HOME points to.

Arne

Chris

Hello:

I have two JREs on my system, a Java 5 distribution and a Java 6
distribution. How can I decipher which JRE my Tomcat service is
running on? Is there a tomcat5.exe command I can use? Or does the
setting reside in a configuration file within Tomcat?

The reason for this question is that I want to change the JRE my
Tomcat uses and I need a way to query Tomcat as to which JRE its
using.

Call System.getProperty("java.version") from within a JSP page or a webapp.