    cheers
    jk

    , Dec 15, 2006

    Ignore,

    I just found out. Its JVM 1.1 , so set target to 1.1

    Setting it to 1.1 caused String.equalsIgnoreCase() to fail.

    I changed it to String.equals() and that compiled fine for 1.1

    wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm busy building my build file, when I realised i dont even know what
    > JVM version to compile to.
    >
    > what version should i set the "target" to?
    >
    > 1.4?
    >
    > cheers
    > jk

    , Dec 15, 2006

  3. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > I just found out. Its JVM 1.1 , so set target to 1.1
    >
    > Setting it to 1.1 caused String.equalsIgnoreCase() to fail.
    >
    > I changed it to String.equals() and that compiled fine for 1.1

    Yes, but I hope you realize the two methods have different semantics,
    and you've taken that into account, right? ;)

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Dec 15, 2006