    QQ Guest

    if the file name is *.cc

    Thanks a lot!

    QQ, May 4, 2005

  2. QQ wrote:
    > if the file name is *.cc

    It's usually not a C file at all. Most likely it's a C++ translation
    unit. Can you open it and look at it? What does it look like?

    Victor Bazarov, May 4, 2005

  3. QQ

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    QQ wrote:

    > if the file name is *.cc

    The contents of a file don't depend on its name, and the C++ standard
    doesn't require special naming for source files. But there are conventions
    to mark the content by name. *.cc is a very common file name pattern for
    C++ sources. I'm not sure why you're asking. Since you posted the question
    in comp.lang.c++, it seems to me that you are actually aware that it's C++.

    Rolf Magnus, May 4, 2005
  4. QQ wrote:
    > if the file name is *.cc
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    One of various adopted extensions for C++. There are others:
    ..cpp (probably the most common, but annoyingly one that my version of
    tcsh doesn't recognise)
    ..c (leading to confusion with C)
    ..C (on case-sensitive file systems)
    ..c++ (on filesystems that support such names)
    ..cxx (presumably a kludge for .c++)

    I wonder which Bjarne himself uses....

    Stewart.

    the 'group where everyone may benefit.