What kind of error is it?

Discussion in 'C++' started by blackbolek, Nov 13, 2005.

  1. blackbolek

    blackbolek Guest

    Hi,

    I have to find an error in application, but my knowledge is probably
    too small to do that. The problem is that I cannot debug it because of
    nature of error.
    The problem is that application close itself (or is closed by Windows)
    when its window is visible on the desktop but it is unactive. It works
    fine when there are other windows opened, but my application's window
    is active one. When I click at other window (no matter if it is other
    program or folder) my application dissappear after few seconds (it does
    not crash - there is no Windows message about crashing program).
    Exception is when I click on child window of this application - then it
    still is working. When application is minimalized to taskbar it is
    working fine.
    I have commented off all references of "DestroyWindow", and "OnOk"
    methods, but it did not change anything.
    I would like to ask for help anybody who knows where could be the
    problem (or at least what kind of error it can be). Thank you for any
    ideas.

    Kris
    blackbolek, Nov 13, 2005

  2. blackbolek wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have to find an error in application, but my knowledge is probably
    > too small to do that. The problem is that I cannot debug it because of
    > nature of error.
    > The problem is that application close itself (or is closed by Windows)
    > when its window is visible on the desktop but it is unactive. It works
    > fine when there are other windows opened, but my application's window
    > is active one. When I click at other window (no matter if it is other
    > program or folder) my application dissappear after few seconds (it does
    > not crash - there is no Windows message about crashing program).
    > Exception is when I click on child window of this application - then it
    > still is working. When application is minimalized to taskbar it is
    > working fine.
    > I have commented off all references of "DestroyWindow", and "OnOk"
    > methods, but it did not change anything.
    > I would like to ask for help anybody who knows where could be the
    > problem (or at least what kind of error it can be). Thank you for any
    > ideas.
    >
    > Kris

    All the clues you provide are about Windows programming, but this is a
    C++ group. You should ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

    If I were you I would try removing more and more code. When the problem
    goes away it will probably be that last thing that you removed that has
    the bug.

    john
    John Harrison, Nov 13, 2005

  3. blackbolek

    blackbolek Guest

    OK. I will try there then. Thanks for directions.

    Kris
    blackbolek, Nov 13, 2005
  4. blackbolek

    Ian Guest

    blackbolek wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have to find an error in application, but my knowledge is probably
    > too small to do that. The problem is that I cannot debug it because of
    > nature of error.
    > The problem is that application close itself (or is closed by Windows)
    > when its window is visible on the desktop but it is unactive. It works
    > fine when there are other windows opened, but my application's window
    > is active one. When I click at other window (no matter if it is other
    > program or folder) my application dissappear after few seconds (it does
    > not crash - there is no Windows message about crashing program).
    > Exception is when I click on child window of this application - then it
    > still is working. When application is minimalized to taskbar it is
    > working fine.
    > I have commented off all references of "DestroyWindow", and "OnOk"
    > methods, but it did not change anything.
    > I would like to ask for help anybody who knows where could be the
    > problem (or at least what kind of error it can be). Thank you for any
    > ideas.

    Try a windows group, this isn't a C++ problem.

    Ian
    Ian, Nov 13, 2005