What needs to be licenced/installed at a MS 2003 Server?

Oscar

After that I've build a VB.NET/ASP.NET Webapplication in VS 2003 I want to
install it at a webserver. Are there additional licence requirements besides
the MS 2003 Server Operating system?

Juan T. Llibre

Nope.

Your production server only needs to have IIS and the
..Net Framework 1.1 installed, and both of those licenses
are covered by your Windows 2003 Server license.

If you use SQL Server, you'll need a license for that, of course.

Oscar

Thanks Juan,

that's good news. Does this also apply to Windows Professional XP based
webserver?

Oscar

Juan T. Llibre

Yes, but in the case of Windows XP you use IIS 5.1, instead of IIS 6.0.

I wouldn't recommend the use of Windows XP as a webserver, though.

IIS 5.1 is limited to one active website and 10 concurrent connections.
IIS 5.1 is supposed to be used only for testing/development purposes.