What percent from the windows applications are written in C++?

Salamandur 7

Hello all,
Does anyone have an idea what percent(not exactly) from the windows
applications are written in C++ , what in Pascal(Delphi) and what in
Visual Basic?
It's maybe the C++ in which most programs are distributed but I am not
sure...

Thanks alot!

GTO

You forgot to list C. As far as I know, Office 2000 was mostly written in C.
Did they port it to C++ in the meantime? Also most of the VisualStudio
compiler algorithms were coded in C (not C++). In the meantime, I assume
it's a mix mainly of C and C++.

Gregor

John Carson

Salamandur 7 said:
Hello all,
Does anyone have an idea what percent(not exactly) from the windows
applications are written in C++ , what in Pascal(Delphi) and what in
Visual Basic?
It's maybe the C++ in which most programs are distributed but I am not
sure...

Thanks alot!

It depends on what sort of applications you are talking about. If it is
large desktop applications (Office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, AutoCad etc.),
then it is almost all C++. If it is small apps (particularly in-house
stuff), then Visual Basic would be more popular, though C# is rapidly
growing in popularity. Then there is web stuff, where both Java and C# are
popular...then there are hardware drivers...