    It's maybe the C++ in which most programs are distributed but I am not
    sure...

    Thanks alot!

    Salamandur 7, Nov 25, 2005

  2. Salamandur 7

    GTO Guest

    You forgot to list C. As far as I know, Office 2000 was mostly written in C.
    Did they port it to C++ in the meantime? Also most of the VisualStudio
    compiler algorithms were coded in C (not C++). In the meantime, I assume
    it's a mix mainly of C and C++.

    Gregor

    GTO, Nov 25, 2005

  3. Salamandur 7

    John Carson Guest

    "Salamandur 7" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > Does anyone have an idea what percent(not exactly) from the windows
    > applications are written in C++ , what in Pascal(Delphi) and what in
    > Visual Basic?
    > It's maybe the C++ in which most programs are distributed but I am not
    > sure...
    >
    > Thanks alot!

    It depends on what sort of applications you are talking about. If it is
    large desktop applications (Office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, AutoCad etc.),
    then it is almost all C++. If it is small apps (particularly in-house
    stuff), then Visual Basic would be more popular, though C# is rapidly
    growing in popularity. Then there is web stuff, where both Java and C# are
    popular...then there are hardware drivers...

    --
    John Carson

    John Carson, Nov 26, 2005