    --
    Regards,
    Casey
    Casey Hawthorne, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Casey Hawthorne

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Re: What platforms have Python Virtual Machines and what version(s)ofPython do they support?

    "Casey Hawthorne" <> wrote in message
    > What platforms have Python Virtual Machines and what version(s) of
    > Python do they support?
    > In particular:
    > Palm OS
    > PocketPC

    Try using Google (Python PocketPC, for instance) or the equivalent

    TJR
    Terry Reedy, Jun 19, 2005

  3. Casey Hawthorne

    gene tani Guest

    gene tani, Jun 19, 2005
  4. Casey Hawthorne

    Fuzzyman Guest

    Re: What platforms have Python Virtual Machines and what version(s) ofPython do they support?

    Hmmm... the page is a *bit* out of date (which is to be expected I
    suppose).

    There is a port of Python 2.3 for Pocket PC.

    I think pippy is pretty dead and wasn't that useable. On this newsgroup
    not long ago someone announced they were working on a new PalmOS port.

    To the best of my knowledge jython is languishing at Python 2.1. The
    PSF has funded a push to implement new style classes which will allow
    it to be brought up to date.

    I don't know the answer to the other jython questions thougj.

    Best Regards,

    Fuzzy
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python
    Fuzzyman, Jun 19, 2005
  5. Casey Hawthorne

    Kent Johnson Guest

    Fuzzyman wrote:
    > To the best of my knowledge jython is languishing at Python 2.1. The
    > PSF has funded a push to implement new style classes which will allow
    > it to be brought up to date.

    It's really not languishing any more. There is a lot of activity spearheaded by Brian Zimmer (who received the PSF grant) with help from several volunteers. They are planning an alpha release soon.

    I think the current released Jython will run on Java 1.1 but the new one will require Java 1.2.

    Kent
    Kent Johnson, Jun 19, 2005