What port does email send on?

Greg Smith

I have been using web.mail to send messages behind the scenes (actually in
my Windows based apps). Since people have been adding various security and
firewall tools some of them have blocked the background email traffic.

What port is used for sending the email?

Is there anything in particular I should look for on a persons machine as a
potential cause of the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul Glavich [MVP ASP.NET]

Well, I hate to say it but a quick google search would answer this for you.
I believe SMTP default port is 25 though.