What process is ASP.NET on a Win2K3 Web Server??

Eidolon

We have a Win2K3 Web Edition server. I have the remote components installed
and am trying to attach to debug, but i cant find what process to attach to.
On Win2K its aspnet_wp.exe. That process doesnt even exist on the 2K3 box
though. I tried inetinfo.exe and w3wp.exe, both to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

William F. Robertson, Jr.

w3wp.exe is the process to attach to.

There might be more than one depending on the application pools you have set
up.

Make sure the debug symbols have been loaded on the remote server. I think
all it needs is the pdb in the running directory.

bill

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

The process should be W3wp.exe. Is it running okay?

Are you a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users group on
the server? I think you need both.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I was going by what it says here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306172

"Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger
Users group on the computer. A non-administrator does not have the correct
permissions to debug the default ASP.NET worker process (Aspnet_wp.exe on
Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP, and W3wp.exe on Microsoft
Windows Server 2003)."