    On Win2K its aspnet_wp.exe. That process doesnt even exist on the 2K3 box
    though. I tried inetinfo.exe and w3wp.exe, both to no avail.

    Thanks in advance,

    Eidolon, May 11, 2004

  2. w3wp.exe is the process to attach to.

    There might be more than one depending on the application pools you have set
    up.

    Make sure the debug symbols have been loaded on the remote server. I think
    all it needs is the pdb in the running directory.

    bill

    "Eidolon" <> wrote in message
    > We have a Win2K3 Web Edition server. I have the remote components

    installed
    > and am trying to attach to debug, but i cant find what process to attach

    to.

    William F. Robertson, Jr., May 11, 2004

  3. The process should be W3wp.exe. Is it running okay?

    Are you a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger Users group on
    the server? I think you need both.

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], May 11, 2004
  4. Eidolon

    clintonG Guest

    Only the Debuggers Group as I've learned while taking MCAD
    practice exams.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET

    clintonG, May 12, 2004
  5. I was going by what it says here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306172

    "Verify that you are a member of the Administrators group and the Debugger
    Users group on the computer. A non-administrator does not have the correct
    permissions to debug the default ASP.NET worker process (Aspnet_wp.exe on
    Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP, and W3wp.exe on Microsoft
    Windows Server 2003)."

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], May 12, 2004