what questions to ask my isp ?

Martin Dew

I am building an asp.net web site. It access an Microsoft SQL Server 2000
database. I need to upload it all, but want to know what questions I need to
ask my isp who host my site to make sure it will all work ?

Can anyone offer any advice. ?

T.I.A

Martin

Rocky Moore

Well, I would imagine you would have serveral. First you need to know the
SQL Server connection information. That so you can adjust your connection
string as needed.

Another is the version of .NET they are running compared to the version you
are building against.

If they have FrontPage extentions in place, you should be able to use "Copy
Project" to post your application assuming your are using Visual Studio.

Depending on your app, you might have to set write permissions to
directories you plan writing to.

That would be a start :)

Martin Dew

Thanks . That gives me a starting point. It really is as simple a website as
having inserts/edits/results from a database so hopefully its just a
connection string change and an upload as long as they support .Net and SQL.

Thanks again

Martin