what should I install ? JRE5.0 or JDK5.0

xli.one

Hello all,

I would like to install Java envirament on my Windows 2003 machine. I
am learning J2SE and J2EE in eclipse IDE.

Thanks in advance!

TheNewf

If you want to do some compiling then the Development Kit would be the
way to go

Roland

Hello all,

I would like to install Java envirament on my Windows 2003 machine. I
am learning J2SE and J2EE in eclipse IDE.

Thanks in advance!
Get the JDK. And get the latest Eclipse 3.1 (3.1M6 at this moment), as
it supports the new Java language features (generics, etc). Eclipse
3.0.2 does not.
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___

Dale King

Hello all,

I would like to install Java envirament on my Windows 2003 machine. I
am learning J2SE and J2EE in eclipse IDE.

Eclipse itself does not need the JDK. It has its own compiler built in
so you can develop without the JDK.

However for servlets and JSP, I believe you will need the JDK, because
the servlet container (e.g. Tomcat) needs to compile as needed