    Worcester, MA 01601
    508 755-8987
    BS Electrical Engineering, UMass

    Frank Bruhn MSN, May 3, 2004

  2. "Frank Bruhn MSN" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, hey I've been given a budget of about $4-5000 and want to get ASP.net
    > etc. I am having a problem figuring out if it is just ASP.net that I

    need.
    > The things I want are web design tools that will allow me to create ASP
    > pages and components, WML or mobile web capabilities, and XML

    capabilities,
    > I also want to move from Access database to something larger, maybe SQL
    > database,
    > should I be considering a MSDN universal subscription or maybe the whole
    > VisualStudio.net stuff. right now I do just basic ASP 2.0 and ASP 3.0 web
    > sites, I want to start using alot more ASP component stuff, really kinda
    > lost, all input is appreciated, take care

    It's not clear - do you want to do ASP or ASP.NET?

    An MSDN Universal subscription is probably overkill but will give you
    everything you need (and more). If you just went with Visual Studio you
    would at least get a better database to use over Access (SQL Server or
    MSDE):
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/choosing.aspx.

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], May 4, 2004

  3. > everything you need (and more). If you just went with Visual Studio you
    > would at least get a better database to use over Access (SQL Server or
    > MSDE):

    Actually, the licensing for MSDE changed recently, it is now pretty much
    free... you don't need to buy Visual Studio or other products to obtain the
    right to deploy it.

    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/howtobuy/redistregister.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/howtobuy/msdeuse.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/msde/downloads/download.asp