    for a large chunk of unformatted text that I want to display to the
    user. JLabel doesn't seem to fit the bill (it's too small and for
    labeling components). Thanks
    Benjamin, Mar 20, 2007

  2. On Mar 20, 1:38 pm, "Benjamin" <> wrote:
    > Hi, I'm kinda new to the Swing API. What text component should I use
    > for a large chunk of unformatted text that I want to display to the
    > user. JLabel doesn't seem to fit the bill (it's too small and for
    > labeling components).

    JTextArea would best suit that, perhaps
    uneditable or disabled if appropriate.

    For an example, check the applet here..
    <http://www.physci.org/test/resize/>
    The drop-down menu on the upper right,
    shows the various forms of the text area.

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 20, 2007

  3. Benjamin wrote:
    > Hi, I'm kinda new to the Swing API. What text component should I use
    > for a large chunk of unformatted text that I want to display to the
    > user. JLabel doesn't seem to fit the bill (it's too small and for
    > labeling components). Thanks

    See in
    <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/text.html>

    --