    Thanks,

    John

    , Apr 26, 2004

  2. Ben Wilson Guest

    The PHP community is proud to count Yahoo among its users. At least, that's
    what I read a year ago...

    How much of Yahoo is on PHP I don't know, however...

    Sorry, I don't have the link anymore where you could verify.

    Ben.

    <> scytta an bricte

    Ben Wilson, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 25 Apr 2004 20:26:47 -0700, wrote or quoted :

    >Do you know what technique Yahoo used on it web site like MyYahoo and
    >finance.Yahoo.com? I want to know if it is Jsp/servlet, CGI, or
    >others. I see a lot URLs in the pattern of
    >http://somelink.yahoo.com/some_app/some_page?para1=v1&para2=v2. I
    >guess it should be Jsp. How about CGI? I do not think yahoo use

    If you want to have your program talk to their server, it does not
    really matter what they are doing. You still just talk HTTP GET PUT.

    If you do a view source, you see they make heavy use of JavaScript.

    JSP, Servlets and just about anything else mimics the old CGI HTTP Get
    command line. That is what FORMS will generate when you click submit.
    These look to the server like little canned forms.

    Sometimes the server hints what is it using. MS with .asp. Servlets
    with .jsp and PHP with .php.

    The best practice is to keep that hidden. Then if you change your
    server womb software, old bookmarks will still work.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 26, 2004

    Any idea?

    Roedy Green <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 25 Apr 2004 20:26:47 -0700, wrote or quoted :
    >
    > >Do you know what technique Yahoo used on it web site like MyYahoo and
    > >finance.Yahoo.com? I want to know if it is Jsp/servlet, CGI, or
    > >others. I see a lot URLs in the pattern of
    > >http://somelink.yahoo.com/some_app/some_page?para1=v1&para2=v2. I
    > >guess it should be Jsp. How about CGI? I do not think yahoo use

    > If you want to have your program talk to their server, it does not
    > really matter what they are doing. You still just talk HTTP GET PUT.
    >
    > If you do a view source, you see they make heavy use of JavaScript.
    >
    > JSP, Servlets and just about anything else mimics the old CGI HTTP Get
    > command line. That is what FORMS will generate when you click submit.
    > These look to the server like little canned forms.
    >
    > Sometimes the server hints what is it using. MS with .asp. Servlets
    > with .jsp and PHP with .php.
    >
    > The best practice is to keep that hidden. Then if you change your
    > server womb software, old bookmarks will still work.

    , May 12, 2004