  1. nepaul

    nepaul Guest

    What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!

    nepaul, Nov 2, 2012

  2. On 02/11/2012 15:50, nepaul wrote:
    > What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!

    Web.py is spelt w e b . p y. Tornado is spelt T o r n a d o. Twisted
    is spelt T w i s t e d.

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.

    Mark Lawrence, Nov 3, 2012

  3. On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Mark Lawrence <> wrote:
    > On 02/11/2012 15:50, nepaul wrote:
    >>
    >> What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!
    >>

    > Web.py is spelt w e b . p y. Tornado is spelt T o r n a d o. Twisted is
    > spelt T w i s t e d.

    Wow! That's profound! Oh, the insights made available, free of charge,
    by the generous members of this list!

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Nov 3, 2012
  4. nepaul

    filipp Guest

    On 2012-11-02 15:50:30 +0000, nepaul said:

    > What the diferences : web.py Tornado Twisted ?!

    There really is a lot of material on this online, including numerous
    videos. But in my experience Tornado is basically a (really cool and
    easy to use) programmable web server whereas Twisted is a framework for
    building any kind of network server. I guess you could say one could
    use Twisted to build Tornado, but not the other way around. :)

    Just my 2c, haven't used web.py myself. Google is your friend and as
    always - concentrate on what you're trying to solve and then choose the
    right tool for the job, not the other way around. :)

    hth,
    -flip

    --
    -filipp