    I want to know what's the differences between them.
    great thanks to you.
    if you wish,you can send me mail to :)
    Guapo, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Guapo wrote:
    > I found most of the file in the two directory are same.
    > I want to know what's the differences between them.
    > great thanks to you.
    > if you wish,you can send me mail to :)

    AFAIK, there isn't much difference. The jre is the runtime system which
    is intended to be installed on production servers and clients, while the
    jdk is for development. The jre is just barebone, while the jdk contains
    a lot more stuff, such as source code, and lots of development tools.

    /tom
    tom fredriksen, Mar 11, 2006

  3. Guapo

    Guest

    you can't convert the .java file to .class file without the jdk "java
    develper kit"
    but you can run the .class file without jdk

    and always the jre must be installed in the clinet pc
    , Mar 12, 2006
  4. Guapo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 11 Mar 2006 06:14:31 -0800, "Guapo" <> wrote,

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html#WHYTHREE
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 12, 2006
  5. Guapo

    M.Liang Liu Guest

    Is that to say that the designer of a system based JAVA does NOT need
    to installer the jre on the server computer which is for testing?

    Namelly,I do NOT need to install jre when I have installed the jdk,yup?
    M.Liang Liu, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Guapo

    Mitch Guest

    M.Liang Liu wrote:
    > Is that to say that the designer of a system based JAVA does NOT need
    > to installer the jre on the server computer which is for testing?
    >

    > Namelly,I do NOT need to install jre when I have installed the jdk,yup?

    Correct
    Mitch, Mar 13, 2006
  7. Guapo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 12 Mar 2006 17:23:22 -0800, "M.Liang Liu" <>

    >Namelly,I do NOT need to install jre when I have installed the jdk,yup?

    the JDK includes two jres.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Mar 13, 2006
  8. tom fredriksen wrote:
    > Guapo wrote:
    >> I found most of the file in the two directory are same.
    >> I want to know what's the differences between them.
    >> great thanks to you.
    >> if you wish,you can send me mail to :)

    > AFAIK, there isn't much difference. The jre is the runtime system which
    > is intended to be installed on production servers and clients, while the
    > jdk is for development. The jre is just barebone, while the jdk contains
    > a lot more stuff, such as source code, and lots of development tools.
    >
    > /tom

    If the server runs a web-container you'd definitely need the jdk,
    otherwise it's going to be difficult to get jsp up and running (I guess
    they could be pre-compiled, though ...)
    Jon Martin Solaas, Mar 13, 2006