    Another question - what the grid where I can put picture saved in database?

    Thanx a lot for advance

    Evgeny
    Evgeny Zoldin, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Hi,

    There are a lot of examples on how to extend the datagrid to do what
    you want here. http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/WinForms/default.asp#44.

    The visual basic resource kit comes with the componentone studio.
    There are some good grids in there.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/vbrkit/default.aspx

    Developer Express also has a good grid.
    http://www.devexpress.com/?section=/products/NET/XtraGrid\

    Ken
    ----------------

    "Evgeny Zoldin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, All.
    >
    > Does anybody know grid control - "smarter" as MS FlexGrid - whose cells

    man

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Mar 4, 2004

  3. Evgeny Zoldin

    Max Guest

    Hi Evgeny

    If you are going to write a .NET application the natural choise for the grid
    control is DataGrid.

    More specifically, to show a picture you'll need to implement your own
    DataGridColumnStyle. There are only two styles predefined DataGridBoolColumn
    and DataGridTextBoxColumn . Others are left for programmer to implement.

    I've seen ready samples of DataGridColumnStyle - derived class designed to
    show a picture. If I am not mistaken - It was on http://www.codeproject.com.
    Unfortunately now, when I am writing this letter the site is down and I can
    not give you the exact link.

    Try to search for the sample using, for example, "DataGridColumnStyle
    picture", keywords in google or any other search engine.

    Syncfusion has a commercial product that is capable of displaying pictures
    http://www.syncfusion.com/products/grid/features/grid_feat_71.aspx

    and a free sample in FAQ section
    http://www.syncfusion.com/FAQ/WinForms/FAQ_c44c.asp#q1019q

    Good luck.