    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    George Hester, Feb 23, 2005

  2. George Hester

    Grant Wagner Guest

    "George Hester" <> wrote in message
    news:QoQSd.33510$...
    > http://www.bazon.net/mishoo/articles.epl?art_id=824
    >
    > Do you think this could cause an effect such as a page with pulsating
    > scroll bars? So bad that
    > the mouse cannot pull the scroll bar down down to show remaing parts
    > of the page?
    > It is too busy pulsating.

    The author should eliminate the anti-IE rhetoric, but otherwise it's a
    fairly accurate description of the problem IE has with host object
    circular references. Defining an external function to avoid the closure
    is not as big a hardship as the author would have you believe. In fact,
    I'd hazard a guess that most so-called "JavaScript authors" have no idea
    how to even use closures, let alone will be affected by this bug. If a
    JavaScript author understands closures and how to use them, then they
    can write scripts that avoid the problem described.

    As for some pulsating scroll bar thing... I have no idea what you're
    talking about, I saw no such thing in my Web browser.

    --
    Grant Wagner <>
    Grant Wagner, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Thanks Grant. This article was posted to an eBay newsgroup the Technical one. eBay has run into an issue that they
    seem unable to fix. I say unable only because they have not fixed it for a month now. I will describe it and then maybe
    you can tell if that article applies.

    There is an area at eBay that we clients can go to to see a listing of available feedback to leave. It is not the first area
    you may find byt a seperate section where you can choose which feedback to leave and they type of feedback for all
    you may have left to do. Hence a link will do no good here. That page is customized for every client.

    Now on this page when it comes up if you have more feedback then the page can list you will get vertical scroll bars.
    Everything is fine untill you try to scroll down. At that point the scroll bars start to pulsate and the page is very difficult
    to scroll. It will jump up as you try to scroll down in fact it sucks. But the interesting thing here besides this is that
    iexplore.exe will max out available CPU. At that page. Close the page or move off it all goes back to normal with the
    CPU.

    So we don't know the issue eBay doesn't know the issue and this article was the closest I could come to something similar to this issue that might make sense here.

    --
    George Hester

    George Hester, Feb 24, 2005