what this

Attila Csosz

Hi,

I've the following function:

function CONV_UNSIGNED(ARG: UNSIGNED; SIZE: INTEGER) return UNSIGNED is
constant msb: INTEGER := min(ARG'length, SIZE) - 1;
subtype rtype is UNSIGNED (SIZE-1 downto 0);
variable new_bounds: UNSIGNED (ARG'length-1 downto 0);
variable result: rtype;
-- synopsys built_in SYN_ZERO_EXTEND
begin
-- synopsys synthesis_off
new_bounds := MAKE_BINARY(ARG);
if (new_bounds(0) = 'X') then
result := rtype'(others => 'X');
return result;
end if;
result := rtype'(others => '0');
result(msb downto 0) := new_bounds(msb downto 0);
return result;
-- synopsys synthesis_on
end;

In this function what this? I dont understand what is.
result := rtype'(others => '0');

Which category is this in the reference manual?
I use this for reference (00-14):
http://tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vhdl/doc/P1076-2000-D3/P1076_Chap_00.pdf

Thanks
Attila