What to do when post-synthesis simulation do not pass

Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I write a module, behavior simulation is fine. Then, I synthesize it. It has no error. However, wen I run the post-synthesis simulation, the post-synthesis model do not function as behavior model.

I guess I should rewrite the code in different style or using other synthesis tools. But before that, What should I do to findout what cause the mis-match in design?

Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Generally when the post synthesis simulation is not giving correct results, you should look out for timing requirements. Please have a look on your timing closure result and you will definetly find the source of the problem. Have you already defined the required timing ocnstraints in your ucf file ?

Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Thank you, quantum_dot

The problem is that I have not defined the timing ocnstraints yet. It seems like sythesis problem.